Friday, August 6, 2010

ENK48? Methinks the Producer is a Troll

So, apparently the news is buzzing that Morning Musume's producer Tsunku "plans" on creating an Enka group of 48 girls called "ENK48" that would perform in soba shops, be allowed to date/marry, and would focus on the salaryman demographic. He announced this at the event of some enka singers, including one he produces.

Oh Tsunkuboy (his hilarious twitter username). How much were you drinking at that event, and why haven't you repealed this?

I mean, he MUST be joking, right? I know that this is all a take on AKB48, but the thing reeks of a joke that people have taken too seriously. I mean, I seriously doubt that he'd create a group THAT obvious of a ripoff without it being all a big joke. But then again, I have this love-hate relationship with Tsunku. On the one hand, he discovered many of my favorite idols (without Tsunku I wouldn't know who Ishikawa Rika, Matsuura Aya, Mitsui Aika, Yoshizawa Hitomi, etc. etc. were) and wrote some of my favorite songs (The Peace, Koi wo Shichaimashita!, Renai Revolution 21). On the other hand, his decisions as of late I disagree with, and lately his song-writing has been so-so.

I guess time will tell if he's serious or just messing with us. I lean towards a joke, but with Tsunku, sometimes you never know...
I'm craaaaaaazy, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment