Tuesday, July 13, 2010

AKB48 19th single; wait, senbatsu how?

So, a lot of people have probably heard already that the senbatsu for AKB48's 19th single (a few singles from now) is going to be decided by a giant rock-paper-scissors tournament.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I love this idea.

No longer is senbatsu purely who has the wota with the deepest pockets (though I'm sure if there's any rigging going on it'll be in their favor...?), but it's almost purely chance/luck.

I'm honestly hoping for some big upset; I'd really like a more unknown AKB48 member to become a part of the senbatsu and maybe even make it to be the center of the PV, and I'd like it for a mainstay of AKB48 that gets in EVERY single to only get to Undergirls or something.

This is such a fun idea to think of, and is another reason why I'm getting more and more into AKB48 as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment