Tuesday, September 21, 2010

AKB48 Janken Tournament Results Are OUT alkdajkldfjalk

I'm not going to post the entirety of the results, but I will post the senbatsu lineup and then give my thoughts.

First place (and center of the PV and spokesperson for this tournament):
Uchida Mayumi
Second place:
Ishida Haruka

03) Kojima Haruna
04) Nakagawa Haruka
05) Maeda Ami
06) Sato Sumire
07) Sato Natsuki
08) Takajo Aki
09) Nakatsuka Tomomi
10) Kuramochi Asuka
11) Kobayashi Kana
12) Tanabe Miku
----end media senbatsu----
13) Kasai Tomomi
14) Matsui Sakiko
15) Maeda Atsuko
16) Chikano Rina 


My first thoughts when I first looked through the results were "Wait, who is Uchida Mayumi again?" and apparently she's a fairly new Team K member and ex-Research Student. 


Obviously, with these results, I'm a little bit disappointed. Lovetan (Oota Aika) is my AKB oshimen, so I was obviously rooting for her to do really well in this game of chance. I'm really happy that she at least made the Undergirls; I'm a big fan of Lovetan in the context of the Undergirls, so I don't think her status in the rankings will be affected at all. I wanted her to be senbatsu and to gain some popularity, but that just didn't happen.


Next, a LOT of senbatsu mainstays got kicked out in the first round to some newer/less focused on girls. I was really surprised to see that members like Itano Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, Takahashi Minami and Minegishi Minami will actually be theater girls in the next single, and other members like Shinoda Mariko and Miyazawa Sae will be Undergirls. This has the potential to be a really interesting line up. 


Of the senbatsu members I'm really happy about Maeda Ami; something about her (her epic eyebrows, perhaps?) endears me to her, so I'm glad to see that she SHOULD be in a really good position in the next single. I really hope that they give very little focus to Maeda Atsuko, considering she didn't make MEDIA senbatsu.


All in all, while I have some personal disappointments, I do think this will lead to a really interesting lineup for their single!!

No comments:

Post a Comment